• February 27, 2016 at 6:27 AM #812
    Profile photo of Jean MorrisseyAnonymous

I have recently acquired SD of the scalp & face. I find your site very helpful and it has answered many questions. However, being a pale Irish woman with a “porcelain complexion” gets problematic with age and this newly-acquired SD. I am about to try your recommendation regarding 1/2 c. salt & 1 gallon water, but I am very timid as, up to this point, everything else I have tried has resulted — as you predicted — with spreading the SD and causing additional flare-ups. Would like to hear from anyone else within my venerable age group — I am 63 — who is “cursed” (Yeah, there is a downside to being a white person.) with virtually transluscent skin. 🙂

• March 14, 2016 at 3:14 AM #831
    Martha P

I am 64 and white, and have recently acquired SD of the scalp and face. Actually, the scalp symptoms appeared a couple of years ago and were pretty easily contained within a couple of months by topical prescriptions from my dermatologist.

A few months ago, the facial SD appeared and has been much more complicated. This site has been extremely helpful and the sea salt has definitely worked better than anything else. I’m currently washing with it twice a day and using chlorine free water to rinse. My symptoms are 80 per cent better in 3 weeks, but I’m wondering if I’ll ever be able to wear make up again or put a refreshing cream on my face!

Reply To: Race & Age
Your information: